Course includes: 6.5 hours on-demand video | 56 video lectures | 22 downloadable resources
Want to become an IIBA CBAP / CCBA Certified Business Analyst?
IIBA certifications are globally recognised and offer a great way to establish credibility as a Business Analyst!
- Beginner to expert level knowledge and/or experience in using Business Analysis.
IIBA CBAP CCBA Business Analysis Certification course provides a well structured approach to help you learn concepts of IIBA BABOK Guide version 3.0 and appear for IIBA CBAP/ CCBA certification.
- Learn from a CBAP (since 2012, certificate# 13430221) with extensive experience
- Attempt quizzes (after each lecture) and reinforce learning
- Remember concepts using downloadable PDFs
- Recommended approach to prepare for IIBA Certifications
- Business Analysis and the BA Professional
- Structure of the IIBA BABOK Guide version 3.0
- Business Analysis Key Concepts (BACCM, key terms, etc)
- Underlying Competencies
- All 6 Knowledge Areas (with 30 business analysis tasks)
- Business Analysis Planning & Monitoring
- Elicitation & Collaboration
- Requirements Life Cycle Management
- Strategy Analysis
- Requirements Analysis & Design Definition, and
- Solution Evaluation
Show more/ Hide
This course is intermediate to advanced level and hence suitable for significantly experienced business analysis professionals.
This course is ideal for those who want to learn business analysis concepts of IIBA BABOK Guide (version 3.0). With this course, you will be able to learn concepts at your own pace and align your business analysis knowledge and/or experience to IIBA BABOK Guide, and appear for IIBA Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or IIBA Certification of Capability in Business Analysis (CCBA).
The whole course will take about 7 hours to complete (excluding quizzes).
You will be able to attempt quiz at the end of each section (knowledge area) to check your understanding and reinforce learning. You will also be able to download PDF files that will be useful to remember concepts and appear for IIBA Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or IIBA Certification of Capability in Business Analysis (CCBA).
You will also be able to download IIBA Application Worksheet to check if you fulfil IIBA eligibility criteria for IIBA CCBA or CBAP certification.
IMPORTANT: As per IIBA guidelines, online courses in business analysis without instructor only qualify for PD hours needed for ECBA application and DO NOT qualify for PD hours needed for CBAP or CCBA application.
Please note that course does not cover 50 most commonly used business analysis techniques (described in chapter 10 of BABOK guide v3.0), as it is difficult to provide explanation (with examples) for these many techniques in an online course. However, participants would be able to study use of techniques from the provided downloadable PDF file.
Please also note that the course does not cover 5 perspectives (described in chapter 11 of BABOK guide v3.0), as there shall be no questions on them in the exam (as clarified by IIBA in one of their webinars). However, CBAP/ CCBA aspirants are advised to go through them directly from BABOK guide v3.0.
Who this course is for:
- Business Analysts with over 2 to 3 years of experience
- Individuals with an ECBA or CCBA designation
- Product Managers
- Non-BA consultants
- Hybrid Business Analysis professionals, including:
- Project Manager
- Quality Assurance (QA) professionals
- Change/ Transformation Managers, and
StartKnow Your Learner Survey
StartRecommended approach to prepare for an IIBA Certification
StartCourse Introduction (2:29)
StartAbout Enhanced IIBA Certifications (9:23)
StartBusiness Analysis & the BA Professional (5:25)
StartStructure of the BABOK Guide (7:11)
StartAbout IIBA Eligibility Requirements (7:35)
StartAbout IIBA Exam Blueprint (4:52)
StartIntroduction to Underlying Competencies (2:37)
StartAnalytical Thinking and Problem Solving (5:49)
StartQuiz: Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
StartBehavioural characteristics (4:19)
StartQuiz: Behavioural Characteristics
StartBusiness Knowledge (4:25)
StartQuiz: Business Knowledge
StartCommunication skills (5:06)
StartQuiz: Communication Skills
StartInteraction skills (4:58)
StartQuiz: Interaction Skills
StartTools and technology (4:35)
StartQuiz: Tools and Technology
StartSupplementary Resources - Underlying Competencies
Course Includes: 6.5 hours on-demand video | 56 video lectures | 22 downloadable resources
Frequently Asked Questions
What are different Business Analysis Certifications offered by International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)?
IIBA offers multiple levels of certifications and has defined competencies and level of proficiencies required for each level in terms of expectation of performance.
- Level 1 is an entry level certificate and it is named as Entry Certificate in Business Analysis or ECBA. This level recognizes individuals entering or learning the business analysis profession.
- Level 2 is Certification of Capability in Business Analysis or CCBA. This level recognizes BA practitioner who are result oriented and who actually perform or do the business analysis work.
- Level 3 is Certified Business Analysis Professional or CBAP, which is a gold standard certification. This level recognizes seasoned senior Business Analysts who lead and guide business analysis work of various sizes and complexities and are responsible for delivering business value.
- Are you unable to decide which IIBA Business Analysis certification is appropriate for you? Connect with Trividh Patel, CBAP | LinkedIn
How much experience do I need have to apply for different IIBA Business Analysis Certifications?
- For IIBA level 1 – Entry Certificate in Business Analysis or ECBA, you do not need any experience in business analysis.
- For IIBA level 2 – Certification of Capability in Business Analysis or CCBA, 3750 hours (roughly 2‐3 years) of experience is required in business analysis.
- For IIBA level 3 – Certified Business Analysis Professional or CBAP, 7500 hours (roughly 5+ years) of experience is required in business analysis.
What are the benefits of doing an IIBA Business Analyst Certification?
- IIBA business analysis certifications are recognized worldwide.
- An IIBA certification will significantly improve your profile, widen your job opportunities, and you will be preferred in better roles while working for international clients.
- On personal front it will also provide you satisfaction in terms of achieving a career milestone.
How much time and effort it would take for me to appear and successfully pass the IIBA Exam after attending IIBA Business Analysis Certification Course?
- IIBA Business Analysis Certification Course will help you to reduce number of iterations required to study IIBA BABOK Guide and thus shorten time required to appear for the IIBA exam.
- With this course, you will be able to learn concepts at your own pace and align your business analysis knowledge and/or experience to IIBA BABOK Guide, and appear for IIBA CBAP/ CCBA certification or ECBA certificate exam.
- IIBA business analysis certification exam is both knowledge and application based so your actual project experience, skill to understand questions/ context and select answer would matter.
- Time and effort to appear for and clear exam would depend on your expertise to grasp and apply knowledge.
- Preparing for an IIBA certification typically takes anywhere between 2 months to 6 months.
Will I get for 21 or 35 Professional Development (PD) hours for an IIBA CCBA or CBAP application if I attend your course?
Online courses in business analysis without instructor shall only get counted for IIBA ECBA application.
- As per IIBA guidelines, eLearning course or computer based training (CBT) without physical trainer DO NOT qualify for CBAP or CCBA PD hours.
Will you provide reference for IIBA CCBA or CBAP Application?
- To provide professional reference, there is condition specified by IIBA that the applicant should be known to referrer from 6 months.
- This is only possible when you are working together in same company or project. Unless this is fulfilled, it would be inappropriate to provide it and your application can also get declined.
- So, for professional references, you should contact any 2 of
- Career Manager,
- CBAP from your current/ previous company or project, or
- Current or previous client
How long do I have access to the course?
- From the date of approval of your IIBA application you get 1 year to appear for the IIBA exam and preparing for an IIBA certification usually takes anywhere between 2 to 6 months.
- Depending on your schedule you need to plan for the desired IIBA certification. If you do not plan with an end date in mind, chances are that you will always be contemplating.
- So, how does 1 year access sound? It is a completely self-paced online course. After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for 1 year - across any and all devices you own.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
- We would never want you to be unhappy! We provide 30-days moneyback guarantee.
- If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 (thirty) days and we will give you a refund.
Trividh Patel has over 19 years of experience in Business Analysis and Consulting.
Prior to founding BA Central in 2011, he has worked for leading IT Services companies such as Capgemini Consulting, Wipro Technologies, Syntel Inc. etc as Business Architect, Lead/ Sr. Business Analyst, and as IT Project Manager. He has executed several business analysis projects for reputed organisations from USA, UK, Europe, Middle East, Japan and India. He has good track record of leading team of Business Analysts to deliver business analysis projects.
Trividh Patel has done MBA in Systems and Bachelor of Engineering from University of Mumbai (India) and is Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP, certificate# 13430221) by International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA), Canada since March 2012. Trividh is also Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB) by MSME, Government of India.
For guidance or queries,
Connect with Trividh Patel, CBAP
Course Includes: 6.5 hours on-demand video | 56 video lectures | 22 downloadable resources